I want to thank the pillows

For all the screams they soaked,

I want to thank the towels

For all the tears they cloaked.

I want to thank my throat

For all the frogs it hid,

And my little palm 

For the kind rest

It bid.


Thank you to the flowers for

The short escape they gave,

A thank you to the rain that

Washed clean your grave.

Special thanks to the moon and

The light it lent,

As well as the stars and

Their magnificent scent.


I want to thank my shoulders

For carrying such pain,

And both of my legs for 

Not breaking in disdain.

I am thankful for the walls

That stood every punch

Without spraining one bone,

Without making me crunch.

How come the walls took care of me more

Thank you ever did or that I could hope for?


Thank you, my little eyes, I know

It wasnt easy to see,

The less with which

He stopped loving me.

And my little heart, I have nothing to say.

I failed you tremendously.

In every possible way.

But you still beat, I hear. 

And for that 

I am most sorry

my dear.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 26th, 2024